▍What is ANATEL Homologation?
ANATEL is short for Agencia Nacional de Telecomunicacoes which is Brazil governmental authority for the approval of communication products for both compulsory and voluntary certification. Its approval and compliance procedures are the same both for Brazil domestic and abroad products. If products are applicable to compulsory certification, the testing result and report must be in line with the specified rules and regulations as requested by ANATEL. Product certificate shall be granted by ANATEL first before product is circulated in marketing and put into practical application.
▍Who is liable for ANATEL Certification
The Brazil governmental organization and other recognized certification bodies and testing labs are authority for analyzing the production system of manufacturing unit, such as product design process, procurement, manufacturing process, after service and so on to verify the compliance with Brazil standard. Manufacturer shall provide related documents and samples for testing and assessment.
▍Marking Logo of ANATEL
- The size of logo varies according to product size
- Approval number shall put under the logo
- The logo shall printed or marked on the product clearly and durable.
▍ANATEL Certification Applied Scope
Type I: End equipment connected to FSTS net by endpoint;
Equipment connected personal telecom to FSTS network;
Equipment connected to FSTS net for the purpose of providing added value service.
Type II: Any radio equipment not covered in Type I, such as low voltage equipmentand unlicensed equipment or antenna.
Type III: Any other equipments under ANATEL rules and regulations without being covered in Type I and II. Battery products belong to Type III.
▍ANATEL Certification Process
▍ ANATEL Certification Notice
1) Certificate holder/authorized holder (importer/manufacturer) must legally approved by Brazil;
2) Type I certificates are valid before cancellation, and the other two types of certificates are valid for two years.;
3) User manual, installation instruction and warning must be in Portugal and other documents can be in English;
4) Marking plate is mandatory and shall cover all the requested information.
▍Advantages of MCM in ANATEL Certification
● Hardware support: In 2016, MCM startedcollaborating with recognized testing lab in Brazil to provide solutions for battery products to access the Brazil market and shorten the lead time.
● Software support: As a leading third party certification and testing body for battery products, MCM focuses on providing the precise pre-testing service to ensure and improve product passing rate at one time, which is supported by a professional team with over 5 experienced engineers.