▍What is TISI Certification?
TISI is short for Thai Industrial Standards Institute, affiliating to Thailand Industry Department. TISI is responsible for formulating the domestic and international standards to meet the local needs, supervise the products and qualified assessment procedure to ensure the tandard compliance and recognition.
TISI is a governmental authorized regulatory organization for compulsory certification in Thailand and also the management institute for standard formulation and certification .On the other hand, it is responsible for lab approval, training and registration. We also have to mention that there is no non-governmental compulsory certification body in Thailand.
There is voluntary and compulsory certification in Thailand. For products that meet the standards, the TISI logo is allowed (see Figures 1 and 2). For products that have not yet been standardized, TISI also implements product registration as a temporary means of certification.
Compulsory Certification Mark Voluntary Certification Mark
▍Compulsory Certification Scopes
The compulsory certification covers 60 categories， 8 fields, including: electrical equipment and accessories, medical equipment, construction materials, consumer goods, vehicles, PVC pipes, LPG gas containers and agricultural products. Products beyond this scope are fall within the voluntary certification.
Battery is in the compulsory range.
Applied standards: TIS 2217-2548 (2005)
Applied batteries：Secondary cells and batteries(containing alkaline or other non-acid electrolytes - safety requirements for portable sealed secondary cells, and for batteries made from them, for use in portable applications)
License issuance authority: Thai Industrial Standards Institute
▍Requirements of Marking Label
1. Item name;
2. Battery or cell designation;
4. Date of manufacture (which may be in code);
5. Name or identification of manufacturer or supplier;
6. Rated capacity and rated voltage
7. Battery disposal method，e.g.
8. Charge guide：e.g. Do not use any charger otherthan that specifically provided for use with the equipment
PS: the applied standard shall mark under the TISI LOGO as follows:
TISI logo is not allowed to use on product before obtaining TISI certification. When license is granted to importer, the TISI logo and name of license holder (importer name) shall print or mark on product before the goods exported into Thailand.
▍Criteria for Series Division
1. Same product type (eg: Li or Ni , but Li is different with Ni and belong to different type)
2. Same cell shape (cylindrical or prismatic)
3. Same polarity materials
4. Same importer
5. Same factory name
6. Same exporter name
Products meet all the above requirements at the same time can share one common TISI license and it is not necessary to apply for a new one. And samples are only required for one of the products, extra samples are not necessary for the other models to apply for TISI license.
▍Brief introduction of Certification Process
1. Required documents for product and importer information are needed to provide to MCM and MCM will contact local importer in Thailand to get relevant required document from them.
2. When product samples and testing document are provided, MCM will send the samples to Thailand recognized lab to proceed testing.
3. MCM will confirm the factory inspection date and schedule with both manufacturer and auditor from Thailand two weeks in advance before they arrive in China to ensure good arrangement for everything .MCM also provides the service of onsite interpretation during the factory inspection.
4. MCM will follow up closely and update the status of testing report and factory inspection report. TISI license will be issued after two reports are filed to TISI for approval.
▍Competitive Advantages of MCM in TISI Certification
● MCM cooperates with local certification body and lab, which is able to provide the lowest price to client in shorter lead time (with record of getting the license in 6 weeks).
● MCM can provide the one-stop service in closed loop from sending samples to factory inpection with experienced engineers assisting, and to license issuance. MCM has finished over 100 projects for clients up to now;
● MCM can provide the latest and the most accurate certification information and consultancy.