▍DoC Mandatory Product Certification Scheme
According to Circular 42/2016/TT-BTTTT, exporters shall hold the ADoC certificate for batteries installed in mobile phone, tablet and notebook when exporting battery product to Vietnam. ADoC will be required to provide when exporters applying Type Approval for end product (mobile phone, tablet and notebook). Battery was subjected to mandatory certificate on Oct 1st, 2017.
MIC released new Circular 04/2018/TT-BTTTT which stipulates that no more IEC 62133:2012 report issued by oversea accredited laboratory is accepted in May,2018. Local test is necessity while applying for ADoC certificate.
▍Battery product DoC registration
1. Test standard:
Local test is required on July 1st, 2018 and no more IEC 62133:2012 report issued by oversea laboratory is accepted.
2. Sample Quantity
Pack：21 pcs（43 cells if it is polymer cell.）
3. Lead Time
Test：(5-20 working days)
Pack：5 days，Cell：15 days，Cell+Pack :18 days
DoC Application：17 workdays
▍List of Application Documents
1. ICT Mark
2. Information of importer (company name, contact person, phone number, email and address) (Vietnam Legal Organization)
3. Test reports of cell and pack
4. Specifications of cell and pack
5. UN report (issued within 2 years)
▍ICT Mark Notice
1. Applicant decides the name of ICT mark. It can be a manufacturer or importer’s name or trade name.
2. The color has to be single color chosen by applicant. Size of the mark should be adjusted according to the scale.
3. Client should paste or counter mark the ICT mark on product, product label, packing or manual after obtaining ADoC certificate.
▍DoC Mandatory Product Certification Procedure
The validity of ADoC will be 3 years after July 1st ,2018.
▍The advantages of Quacert
● Quacert, a government organization, serves as the Vietnam certification center in Vietnam.
QUACERT is in charge of the battery testing and certificate. MIC (Ministry of Information and Communications) is responsible for releasing the new circular of Vietnam certificate. They are encompass partners, working together to propel the development of Vietnam battery testing and certificate.
● QUACERT is the first governmental battery testing laboratory in Vietnam.
1. Accredited QCVN101:2016/BTTTT Battery Testing Laboratory.
2. The unique laboratory in Vietnam who can conduct full test of QCVN101:2016/BTTTT
▍Advantages of MCM in Vietnam DoC Certificate
● Sharer of Latest Information
MCM contacts with MIC who shares latest Vietnam news in certificate.
● Co-founders of battery testing laboratory with local government.
The battery testing laboratory was established in 2017 with Vietnam government and had accreditation in the same year.
● The authority of MCM’s report
Vietnam testing laboratory highly recognized report issued by MCM. The lead time of testing and certificate will be shorten if apply A DoC from MCM.
● Suggester of Vietnam mandatory certificate of battery product
MCM can provide suggestion for future Vietnam mandatory certificate of battery product. (For example, the battery of power bank, drone and weeder will be listed in the scope of mandatory certificate in future years. )
● One-stop Agency Service
MCM, an ideal one-stop agency, provides testing, certificate and agent service for client.