Note: Steps with red font in the present process will be eliminated and/or combined in new ‘Smart Registration’ process with an inclusion of ‘Test Request Generation’ step.
3. Application must be filled very carefully as details once entered on portal cannot be changed.
4. The “Affidavit cum Undertaking” is the only document that has to be submitted with BIS in original hard copy. Soft copies of all other documents have only to be uploaded on BIS portal.
5. Manufacturer will have to choose the lab on the BIS portal for the product testing. Hence testing can only be started after creating an account on the BIS portal. This will give BIS a better view of the ongoing load.
6. Lab will upload the test report directly on the BIS portal. The applicant has to accept/reject the uploaded test report. BIS officials will be able to access the report only after the clearance from applicant.
7. CCL update and Renewal (if there is no change in management/signatory/AIR in an application) will be automated.
8. CCL Update, series model addition, brand addition must be processed only in the same lab who performed the original testing on the product. Report of such applications from other labs will not be accepted. However, BIS will re-consider their decision and get back.
9. Withdrawal of lead/main models will lead to withdrawal of series models as well. However, they proposed to have a discussion on this matter with MeitY before finalizing it.
10. For any series/brand addition, original test report will not be required.
11. One can access the portal via Laptop or Mobile app (Android). App for iOS will be launched soon.
Regular alerts to applicants
Avoid duplication of data
Faster detection and elimination of errors at the initial stages
Reduction in queries related to human error
Reduction in postage and time wasted in the process
Improved resource planning for BIS and the labs as well