▍SIRIM Mandatory Product Registration Scheme
For the security of person and property, Malaysia government establishes product certification scheme and puts surveillance on electronic appliances, information & multimedia and construction materials. Controlled products can be exported to Malaysia only after obtaining product certification certificate and labeling.
SIRIM(Standard of Industrial and Research Institute in Malaysia) is the unique guiding certification agency who is authorized by Ministry of Communications and Multimedia in Malaysia. Importers, manufacturer, traders can apply to SIRIM to get audit and recognition according to official standard of product certification scheme.
▍SIRIM Certification- Secondary Battery
● Secondary battery is currently subject to voluntary certification but it is going to be in the scope of mandatory certification soon. The exact mandatory date is subject to the official Malaysian announcement time. SIRIM QAS has already started accepting certification requests.
● Secondary battery certification Standard : MS IEC 62133:2017 or IEC 62133:2012
● who assigned a specialist to handle with MCM projects and inquiries only and to share the latest precisely information of this area
● SIRIM QAS recognizes MCM testing data so that samples can be tested in MCM instead of delivering to Malaysia.
● To provide one-stop service for Malaysian certification of batteries, adapters and mobile phones.
● 10 years experience in battery industry and the powerful technical team can provide clients with professional international certification package services.